[mythtv-users] hd2000 / dtvscan / strange output

clemens at dwf.com clemens at dwf.com
Thu Dec 9 19:11:51 UTC 2004

Ive asked this before, as part of another question, but
never received an answer.

I have yet to see any output from my hd2000 pcHDTV card.
One thing that might be significant in tracking down the problem
is that if I do a 'dtvscan' I get the following output

---

[root at MythTV reg]# dtvscan
main: argc 1 argv[1] (null)
dtvscan: no device specified using /dev/dtv
    video unit v4l minor = 44
     dtv unit v4l minor = 1297516246
channel = 2
channel = 3
channel = 4
channel = 5

---

with no channels identified.
The /dev/dtv comment is OK (?) in that /dev/dtv -> /dev/dtv0 and all
other /dev/dtv? give an error on trying to open them.  Since the bttv
devices are /dev/video1, etc, I would have EXPECTED to find /dev/dtv1,
but its not alive...

In any case, the thing that seems just WRONG is the line

    dtv unit v4l minor = 1297516246

I see different 'random numbers' with different versions of dtvscan.

I would ASSUME this should be something in the range 0-255.

Any thoughts?

--
                                        Reg.Clemens
                                        reg at dwf.com