[mythtv-users] Component video adapters

David George david at thegeorges.us
Thu Dec 9 16:06:14 UTC 2004

On 12/9/2004 10:30 PM, Adam "Fuzzy" Kennedy wrote:

> For those interested, I've found some neat Component video adapters. I
> thought about it when my friend replaced his ATI video card. It had a
> DVI to Component adapter with it.
>
> So upon searching google, I came up with http://www.svideo.com
>
> They have DVI as well as VGA to component video adapters at about $35
> each.
>
> DVI to Component (YPbPr)
> http://www.svideo.com/radeon9600pro.html
>
> VGA to Component (YPbPr)
> http://www.svideo.com/hdtvr8500.html

Just an FYI for anyone thinking of trying it.  I got one of the ATI DVI
to component adapters for my 8500DV card (which I no longer have).  I
tried using it to convert DVI on my nVidia FX5200 Ultra and my nVidia
Ti4200 card and it didn't work with my TV (using it on the ATI card did
work).  I am not sure if it was some incompatibility or if it only works
with the ATI cards.  One thing to keep in mind is typically these only
work if the DVI connector on your video card outputs DVI analog.  I
think it is DVI-I, someone correct me if I'm wrong.  I don't really care
about DVI enough to go look it up right now.

--
David