[mythtv-users] PVR250, Charter cable wierd channel freqs]

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Thu Dec 9 03:34:11 UTC 2004

Robert wrote:

>Tonight I got MythTV-0.16 running with a PVR250 model 980 card.
>Everything works except that the system seems to be using different
>frequencies than are on my cable.  I had a similar experience with
>ivtv-0.2.0 last night.  This card works fine under Windows but under Linux
>did not seem to find channels when tuning by channel number.  Using a
>script that steps through frequency settings with one of the ivtv
>utilities I found that the card does receive all channels but they show up
>on frequencies that don't match any of the cable charts.
>
>Example: (note, freqs may be slightly off since the script went in 100 khz
>increments)
>Channel 3 is 88000
>Channel 4 is 95000
>Channel 5 is 107000
>My cable provider is Charter.   Has anyone experienced this before or have
>any ideas on how it can be resolved ?  Can the frequencies be manually
>entered in a table?  A scan of the sql db didn't show anything but maybe
>it was overlooked

I would suggest reading this section of the docs :
http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-9.html#ss9.4

and note the part about finetuning using xawtv and importing that into
MythTV.  I can only assume that this part of the documentation is still
accurate after the DataDirect changes to mythfilldatabase.

Kevin