[mythtv-users] Phantom extra tuners listed in Myth

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Dec 9 00:12:24 UTC 2004

Lane Schwartz wrote:
> A couple of weeks ago I did a re-install of my FC2-based Myth setup. I
> have 2 tuners - a PVR-250 and a WinTV-FM. When I re-installed, I did a
> database migration (ala this:
> http://mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html#ss21.5).
>
> Things are mostly OK now, but I have an annoying side effect of the
> migration. Inside Myth, 4 tuners show up when I look at status. When I
> do a recording, the recordings are assigned to either tuner 3 or tuner
> 4.

Each time new card info is added the number is incremented. You
still have two cards but the new numbers became 3 and 4 if you
added them without resetting the tables first.

If you are re-entering card info from scratch rather than just
adding another card, you should answer "yes" to the two questions.
This will clear out and reset your card, source and input data
but will not affect the info about the shows you already have
recorded.

--  bjm