[mythtv-users] Problems getting MythTV to work with Terratec Cinergy 400

Daniel Haas daniel at file-factory.de
Wed Dec 8 08:18:57 UTC 2004

On Di, 7.12.2004, 09:39, Daniel Haas sagte:
> Hello List!
> I'm using MythTV for some weeks now, and it is really nice, and its really
> stunning! Keep up the good work!
>
> Unfortunatly the most important thing (watching TV) is still not workin
> with my setup. :-)
>
> My Hardware:
> * MSI Mega 400 Barebone
> * Terratec Cinergy 400 TV
> * Logitech Z-680 Speakers connected through SP/DIF
>
> My Software:
> * Gentoo x86 (2.6.9 Kernel)
> * MythTV 0.16
>
> Since I'm living in Germany, mythfilldatabase does not work as expected. I
> have tv_grab_de_tvtotal working, but myhttv is unable to identifiy the
> channels. So I setup all channels manually and entered the Channel IDs as
> in xawtv. (Btw, xawtv and tvtime are working great with the TV card). Now
> the problem is, i cannont change the channels in mythtv. Only two Channels
> are working, and i can only switch between them. I looked many times at
> the channel configuration and found no difference between this two
> channels and the others. So I do not understand why i cannot change
> channels.
> The other problem is: I have no sound. Sound is working for mplayer and
> xine (through SP/DIF), i use alsa for sound. I took the alsa configuration
> file from The digital sound howto at mythtv.info and set mythtv's Sound
> output device to alsa:mixed-digital. I enabled OSS Sound for the Terratec
> cinergy 400 card and set it to be device /dev/dsp3. When booting,
> /dev/dsp3 appears correctly, and i setup /dev/dsp3 as the sound device for
> that card in mythsetup.
> I read the mythtv documentation and also read the sound troubleshooting
> section, but I did not understand the testing procedure for xawtv, because
> it was explained very short.
> What is the way to troubleshoot this correctly? (Btw, i increased the
> verbosity level of mythbackend but didn't find any useful messages in the
> log)
> And how do I setup my channels correctly for german cable television? Is
> there anyone who has a working setup in germany, using xmltv? Any
> suggestions/ information is very much appreciated!
>
> Greetings from Germany to all MythTV users. :-)
>
> Daniel

So nobody is using a Terratec Cinergy 400? What a pitty! Is there nobody
to point me into the right direction? After 6 Weeks of trying to get this
working, I'm totally lost and have no clue what to do! :-(
If somebody has a hint for me, please answer, I would appreciate it very
much! Thanks!

Daniel