[mythtv-users] Re: pcHDTV with FX5200 TV-Out

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Wed Dec 8 06:19:06 UTC 2004

> One more question: is there something that will convert MPEG-2 transport
> streams to program streams?  I currently copy SD video captured by a PVR-350
> to a Windows box for editing and DVD authoring.  I'd like to eventually do
> the same with HD video (it'll obviously need resampling to 720x480 to fit
> within the DVD-Video spec), but my usual tools (TMPGEnc, DVD2AVI, etc.)
> appear to choke on transport streams.  What software (either for Linux or
> Windows; it doesn't matter to me) will work to decode HD MPEG-2 transport
> streams so they can be edited?

I was just searching for something like this this afternoon and found a
program called replex.  I tested it on a HDTV TS stream from ABC that
someone posted a link to here a while back (maybe the same one you're
testing with) and it appeared to work correctly.

Found it here:

http://www.metzlerbros.org/dvb/index.html

--

Chris