[mythtv-users] Lightweight window manager recommendation

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 7 17:36:26 UTC 2004

To put it in your ratpoison config, put the commands
in .ratpoisonrc (I think that's what the filename is).

Problems with overscan (which is awful on the Epia,
not so bad on the PVR-350) is really something that
must be fixed in the driver.  Hacks like padding can
only get you so far.

My problem: On the PVR-350, I was able to get the
MythTV GUI to work fine with ratpoison by changing the
GUI X/Y size and positions.  TV-out was working
perfectly (because the X server is different than the
TV output).

However, on my Epia, such a fix doesn't work very
well, because if I add default padding to my windows,
then my  LiveTV/recorded shows are cut off at the
bottom in attempting to line up the top.  The problem
with the Epias in this case is that the scaling needs
to be fixed (the overscan), so that my picture is
smaller.

Therefore, YMMV.

-- Joe