[mythtv-users] Recommendation: Hardware MPEG2 Decoder w/ DVI?

Mark L. Cukier mark at pemicro.com
Tue Dec 7 16:03:52 UTC 2004

Everyone:

Sorry for repeating this request, but I thought I'd make a seperate
thread to maybe lure some people in who weren't following my previous
thread.

Basically, I'm looking for some recommendations for a PCI or AGP card
with hardware MPEG2 decoding and a DVI output (suitable for display an
widescreen HDTV, rather than a DVI input monitor, etc). I'm basically
looking for 2 key features:

1) good performance/image quality
2) proven interoperability with linux/mythTV

Any recommendations are much appreciated!

Thanks,
   Mark

____________________________
*Mark L. Cukier*, /Design Engineer/