[mythtv-users] Minimum pcHDTV frontend (with decent vid card)

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Tue Dec 7 15:08:46 UTC 2004

*

XvMC does help, but not enough IMHO.  I'm not currently working well
with Myth.  On my AthlonXP box running at 2.2Ghz, the Xine that comes
with PCHDTV runs at about 70% CPU when watching Hi Def content. If it's
Standard Def but digital it's in the 40-50% range.  I'm not up to having
Myth playback yet, still no luck there. I'm using an FX5200, which was
far better than the 440MX I was using.

Steve