[mythtv-users] please help: horrendous video quality

Jå§òÑ M@¢þhè®$Øñ jason.macpherson at gmail.com
Tue Dec 7 13:53:35 UTC 2004

I can't help you with all you issues, but those scrolling lines are
probably caused by a grounding loop (google it).  It's can be hard to
debug.  But basically you'll need to plug your entire system into the
same circuit.  Unplug your coax cable completely and see it those
scrolling bars go away.  If so you'll also need to simpifiy your cable
inputs.  Ideally you want only one connection between your cable and
your system (no cable splitters).

Your other problems are a little harder to debug.  Are you on NTCS or
PAL?  Are you using S-video or component outputs?