[mythtv-users] Minimum pcHDTV frontend (with decent vid card)

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Tue Dec 7 13:46:14 UTC 2004

 	Hey all.  I'm looking to get a pcHDTV card soon, but wanted to
know if I'll have to redo my frontend as well.  I've looked through the
archives some, but there's a pretty low SNR on actual information.

 	Assuming an NVIDIA card (FX5200 or GF4-440), how much CPU is
*actually* required?  The whole point of XvMC is that the vid card does
the MPEG decoding, so it shouldn't take too much.

 	What say you all?

Thanks,
-Cory