[mythtv-users] pcHDTV 3000 Which video card to use with

JBorn at harland.net JBorn at harland.net
Mon Dec 6 19:20:52 UTC 2004

I plan on making a myth box revolving around a pcHDTV 3000 card.  Which
video card should I purchase to go along with it?

>From the pcHDTV web site I see the following listed:

Accelerated HDTV support with nVidia video cards.
Accelerated IDCT and Motion Compensation with GeForce4 Mx cards
Accelerated Motion Compensation with GeForce4 TI cards

>From that list the GeForce4 Mx cards seem to offer the best combination and
as  an  added  bonus are cheaper than the GeForce4 TI cards or am I reading
that completely wrong?

Would  this  recommendation  change  if I planned to dual boot to do gaming
under windows?

Thanks for your suggestions.