[mythtv-users] Warning: Something is currently using: /dev/snd/pcmCOD1p, retrying error...

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 10:22:52 UTC 2004

> > recorder: /dev/snd/pcmC0D1p: error setting audio input device to 44100kHz/16bits/2channel
> > Could not detect audio blocksize
> > Cannot open DSP '/dev/snd/pcmC0D1p', exitingopen: Device or resource busy
> > 2004-12-05 23:17:12 Opening OSS audio device '/dev/snd/pcmC0D1p'.
> > 2004-12-05 23:17:12 WARNING: something is currently using: /dev/snd/pcmC0D1p, retrying.

I get the same error after my computer crashes, and nothing plays, and
my sound card doesnt show up in my mixer, but I have the exact same
chipset, I am wondering if I slapped one my cheap pci audio cards in
would it fix it, because it throws off my sound card assignments, and
I end up with my first tuner recording from my second tuners audio,
then my second tuner recording no audio at all