[mythtv-users] IVTV and the Yuan MPG600GR

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Mon Dec 6 08:37:19 UTC 2004

On Sunday 05 December 2004 18:18, Jonathan Harding wrote:
> I've never had the issue with B&W video.  Thank god, I think I would have
> lost a gasket after carting it back from Kyoto.  Here's the process I
> used.  It's in Japanese but makes sense:
>
> http://jo1upk.blogdns.net/linux/index.php?cmd=read&page=Linux%2FTV%2F%A5%AB
>%A1%BC%A5%CD%A5%EB%A4%D8%A4%CE%C1%C8%A4%DF%B9%FE%A4%DF

That's essentially exactly what I've done also, though slightly different
syntax, because...

> I'm running Fedora 1 which of course if 2.4.22.  Are you guys running 2.6?

...yeah, I'm running a 2.6 kernel. I've tried the card under both FC2 and FC3
(the box its in finally got upgraded to 3, so it'll be on that from here on
out), same results.

>  The 150 looks intersting, but I've got myself invested in the mpg600.

I still plan to get a 150 one of these days...

> ABIT VA-10 (I've sent this back to new egg after fan header,  on-board
> audio, and usb failed)
>  440MX

My card is sitting in a Tyan Thunder K7 system.

Oh yeah, I've also been in touch with T. Adachi, the guy who did a lot of the
actual work on all those patches from paken.org. I hooked him up with my
tarball, and he was going to take a look at what might be going on.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...