[mythtv-users] Mythvideo not working.

Randy Carpenter mythtv at rune.net
Sun Dec 5 18:58:33 UTC 2004

I have FC3 with mythtv installed via ATrpms. I've been playing with it,
and have a bunch of problems.

The main one right now, is Mythvideo does not appear to be working
properly. I put in a DVD that has multiple episodes of a TV show. I told
mythdvd to rip/transcode each of the 6 different titles, in "perfect",
which it did. Nothing shows up in mythvideo. The files are on the hard
drive in the mythvideo directory. If I go to "manage recordings" they all
show up, but say "0 minutes". Another oddity is that the 5 ripped files
take up 14GB of space, which is about double that of what the DVD actually
has. And this is without any menus or extras.

Also, why isn't there an option to copy the whole DVD as one big file, so
you could play it back later with menus and extras? That is what I would
prefer. Couldn't there be a "make image of DVD" option?

I'll save my other issues for separate emails...

thanks,
-Randy