[mythtv-users] Fedora Myth(TV)ology turns 3

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sun Dec 5 13:03:20 UTC 2004

On Mon, Nov 29, 2004 at 02:48:21AM -0800, Jarod C. Wilson wrote:
> All that said, I *have* pondered moving to one of the RHEL rebuilds,
> because the constant Fedora release roller coaster does get a little
> annoying. I may well actually make the move once RHEL4 is out, since
[..]

> Then there's always Debian, where there are only new "releases" every
> twelveteen years... ;-) But I have too many RH boxes at work, not
> enough time to remain fluent in multiple distros, and work is gonna
> stay RH (thus, so am I).

However, you have continuous access to the debian development tree
(unstable) and a slightly stabilised version of it (testing) so there is
no need to wait for a whole release.

Even if you do wait a whole release, Debian doesn't require a full
reinstall. Ever. (I have some boxes that have been upgraded from 1.1 -
in 1996.) Can't believe how many people are used to reinstalling RH
just like Windows. It shouldn't be like that.

Hamish