[mythtv-users] Cutting and merging videos

Damon Searle djsearle at netspace.net.au
Sat Dec 4 23:45:41 UTC 2004

I've been thinking about trying to change the scheduler so there is an
option to record consecutive shows as one recording. I often can't delete
one show because the start or end of another show is in the recording, so
there might as well be one file which doesn't have annoying little gaps in
the shows. (The gaps being however long it takes to end one recording and
start another, usually enough to miss a sentence or two of dialog). Each
show would still appear individually in the list and when you play one it
starts playing from an offset in the file based on its start time.

This would also make things easier for Nate's situation as only the show
would need to be cut out of the recording, and not have to join two
recordings together.

Any comments on the idea? (or has this already be discussed before?)

- Damon