[mythtv-users] IVTV and the Yuan MPG600GR
Jonathan Harding
jonath at us.ibm.com
Sat Dec 4 23:16:08 UTC 2004
I got my card from a store called J&P - they have a website that may or
may not ship outside of Japan.
Card is called KUROUTO SHIKOU CX23416GYC-STVLP
http://www.joshin.co.jp
I looked at the pvr-150MC, but it doesn't appear to be low-profile.
Jarod, any chance of posting those patched .2 drivers somewhere?
Jonathan Harding
IBM Global Services Linux Practice
Advisory I/T Specialist AIX Expert
Office: (704)501-5737
Cell: (704)953-7099
214 North Tryon St.
Charlotte, NC 28202
DustyMugs <dustymugs at skewedperception.com>
Sent by: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
12/03/04 08:07 PM
Please respond to
Discussion about mythtv
To
Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
cc
Subject
Re: [mythtv-users] IVTV and the Yuan MPG600GR
I will admit that I'm getting mighty tempted to buy a hauppauge
pvr-150mce low profile card and see what mileage i can get. Besides
hauppauge's webstore, I've found it thus far at buy.com.
I guess i'll try out the latest rc of 0.2.0 tonight and see how things
turn out.
-bborie
Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 03 December 2004 16:42, DustyMugs wrote:
>
>>Hi Jonathan,
>>
>>Not many ppl have the mpg600gr.
>
>
> Nope, I couldn't even find a source for them around here. I got one
through
> someone here in the US with access a reseller in Taiwan, I believe it
was.
>
>
>>I've got one and have been also trying
>>to get the issues hammered out. I have a different issue than 2 pixel
>>lines of static at the top. Rather, my captures are in b&w with a
>>degree of fuzzyness. I think I may rather have your issue.
>
>
> That sounds similar to what I am getting, but I'm thinking its just that
I
> haven't figured out the right tuner for my card yet.
>
>
>>At least its good to see someone else state-side has that card.
>
>
> Make that 4 of us now. Check out the other MPG600GR thread for details
on the
> driver I'm using.
>
>
>>Jonathan Harding wrote:
>>
>>>Hi Folks,
>>>I've been using MythTV for about 6 months now and really enjoy it and
>>>appreciate the work that's been done on it. I've ironed out most of
the
>>>wrinkles I've had along the way except for one. I am using a Japanese
>>>OEM version of the YUAN mpg600gr (the purple one using saa7173). I got
>>>it at a store called J&R in Japan. This card is similar to the PVR-250
>>>except it is low-profile and uses the saa7173. I've downloaded and
>>>compiled the drivers from
>>>(http://linux.paken.org/index.php?Linux%A4%C7ITVC16-STVLP1). The only
>>>problem I have is that my video has two pixel lines of static at the
top
>>>of the recording. Has anyone seen this problem with other cards - are
my
>>>modules options wrong or my recording options within Myth? Anyone else
>>>using this card with or without my issues?
>>>
>>>Mythtv
>>>352X480
>>>DVD-Special-2 -> I've also used default, but I heard this is better.
>>>4:3
>>>4500/6500 bitrate
>>>
>>>modules.conf:
>>># for CX23416GYC-STVLP
>>>alias char-major-81 videodev
>>>alias char-major-81-0 ivtv
>>>options tuner type=43
>>>options upd64031a card=2
>>>options upd64083 card=2
>>>add below ivtv i2c-core i2c-algo-bit tuner saa717x videodev
>>>add above ivtv mpg600gr upd64031a upd64083
>
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
> http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
_______________________________________________
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mythtv.org/pipermail/mythtv-users/attachments/20041204/656c2028/attachment-0001.html
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list