[mythtv-users] IVTV and the Yuan MPG600GR

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Dec 5 00:28:03 UTC 2004

On Saturday 04 December 2004 15:16, Jonathan Harding wrote:
> I got my card from a store called J&P - they have a website that may or
> may not ship outside of Japan.
>
> Card is called KUROUTO SHIKOU CX23416GYC-STVLP
>
> http://www.joshin.co.jp

I take it you got it while in Japan then? Nihon'go o hanashimasu ka? Watashi
wa daigaku de nihon'go o ben'kyoo shimashita...

> I looked at the pvr-150MC, but it doesn't appear to be low-profile.
>
> Jarod, any chance of posting those patched .2 drivers somewhere?

I was definitely planning to. However, thus far, the results haven't been as
good as I'd hoped. Audio is perfect, video is clean, except for being black
and white with a checkerboard pattern on it.

I've pulled the card and verified that its definitely a type 43 tuner and I've
tried several different firmware versions from Hauppauge, about to try the
firmware out of a Yuan driver... And no difference. Damn. Now for the latest
Hauppauge beta firmware... Same difference. Though I'm not powering off
between tries, which sometimes helps when changing firmware... I'll post a
tarball in a sec if you want to play with it. Okay, posted:

http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/ivtv-0.2.0-rc3a-jw1.tgz

Here's hoping you have better luck than me... I'm about to try powering down
my machine for a while, to see if that helps at all...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...