[mythtv-users] Frontend only - no videos?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Sat Dec 4 19:45:19 UTC 2004

I've almost got a remote frontend only machine working.

I can watch live tv and watch recorded programs.  I am unable
to watch videos, can't listen to music nor can I see pictures.

The documentation is somewhat sparse on how to accomplish
this.  I have a frontend running on the same machine as the
backend, so that's no problem - it works.  Do I need to nfsmount
the video, music and picture directory on the frontend?  I thought
the myth protocol would take care of that.  I have tried putting
in the same path to those directories in the remote frontend
as is in the "local" frontend and still can't see them.  I can
nfsmount the directories and get access to them that way,
but is that the right way to do this?

Thanks,
Paul