[mythtv-users] audigy2 platinum problem

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Sat Dec 4 08:00:45 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-12-03 at 13:26 -0800, Matt Picker wrote:
> Yeah that is the right driver.  To get it to work you
> still have to have your frontend set to use the dsp
> that corresponds to your audigy so that it plays the
> sound with that card still.  When you do your
> mythsetup though and define your cards you have a
> place to tell it what audio device it records from.
> That is where you want to put your dsp that
> corresponds to your bt87x driver.  In your case it
> looks like dsp2.  Then it will record from the sound
> card directly.

Wow, it works! :-)

Thank you. It was not clear to me which device is for input and which
one is for output. Now i understand.

Looks like MythTV is able now to read sound directly from the Bt8xx card
(/dev/dsp1) and play it to the Audigy2 card (/dev/dsp). I can control
the volume from MythTV, all seems to be well.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/