[mythtv-users] Epia, MythTV, and a pile of confusion

Jarod Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Fri Dec 3 22:04:51 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 13:38, Matt Picker wrote:
> Jarod,
> I have looked over all of the stuff on that site.  I
> am also looking at epiawiki.org where I have gotten a
> lot of my information.  Maybe that is what is screwing
> me up.  They have an ebuild on there for X.org that
> has special stuff in it.  I think it is the XvMC
> stuff.  So I need to use that ebuild or do I just
> worry about that stuff after I get X.org installed?

No ebuilds here. I'm running Fedora Core 2 on my EPIA, using the latest errata
X.org provided by Red Hat, with Terry Barnaby's rpms taking care of all the
necessary additions.

> And what special is required to get the 3d working?

Use the 3D driver version. Its posted on Terry's pages also. Just make sure
the AGP DMA enable setting in xorg.conf is set to disabled, or the machine
will hard lock (defaults to off, I turned it on on my box, because it lowers
cpu usage on mpeg2 decode, and I don't care about 3D).

> I would like to run some visualizations to my music.  Do
> I need to do that kernel patching and select the DRI
> stuff?

No kernel patches required. I'm using FC2's 2.6.8-1.521 kernel.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jcw at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...