[mythtv-users] call for people with experience with Silverstone HTPC cases

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Fri Dec 3 19:17:35 UTC 2004

Quoting Evan Burrows <eburrows at gmail.com>:

> well what would cause me problems.  All it would be doing in changing
> the case,  I don't see there being too many problems other than a case
> mod here and there?  I am reluctant to buy new hardware since I have a

HTPC cases just tend to be expensive. If you're paying extra money for
a specialized piece of equipment you shouldn't have to "hack" on it.
Any mods you do allow for extra error conditions to creep into the

> functioning box and I don't see added benefit of buying newer
> equipment.  And like i said the only reason I was going to buy a htpc
> case was because my dvd drive won't open under the current conditions.
> What specific harware might be a problem.  I would guess that the
> biggest thing would be the motherboard but I am assuming that the mobo
> is just a standard mobo.  But then again i have never had the need to
> build a computer from scratch so I might be missing something.

I could see this being a problem.

Mucking about inside of electronics requires a certain amount of care
and deliberateness one might not have otherwise.

Just stay grounded.

        Negligence will never equal intent, no matter how you
attempt to distort reality to do so. This is what separates         |||
the real butchers from average Joes (or Fritzes) caught up in      / | \
events not in their control.