[mythtv-users] Bandwidth requirements MPEG2

Joseph A. Caputo jcaputo1 at comcast.net
Fri Dec 3 15:49:05 UTC 2004

On Friday 03 December 2004 07:56, Michael J. Lynch wrote:
> 900 kbs != 4000 kbs AFAICT

Um, you didn't read correctly... he said 900 KB/s (kiloBYTES), and 4000
kb/s (kiloBITS).  900 kBytes/s is approximately 7.4 Mbits/s (not sure
about the conversions, but you get the idea...).  The question remains
as to whether the "true" speed of a 10Mbit connection can handle a 4000
kbit (or 4Mbit) stream.  I can't answer that one; like the OP said, the
raw numbers say "yes", but there are always other factors involved with
network bandwidth/throughput numbers.

-JAC

[snip]