[mythtv-users] Bandwidth requirements MPEG2

Joel Merrick joel at servicestyle.com
Fri Dec 3 13:53:56 UTC 2004

You have to remember that with 802.11b, you may be still not connect at
11Mbits.. this is because there may not be the adequate signal strength
so the wireless link will drop in speed until a suitable medium is
achieved.

Many people do not realise this when they use wireless because a lot of
people just use it to surf and therefore do not see the speed impact if
the link has dropped to 1.5Mbits.

Having said that, the new wireless gear on the market should be adequate
enough for the job, especially the dual-bonded 54g gear.

With everything wireless though.. YMMV.