[mythtv-users] My ffmpeg nuvexport module so far

Michael J. Lynch mlynch at gcom.com
Fri Dec 3 12:45:20 UTC 2004

The end result looks as good as what I was getting using the VCD option.
Well AFAICT anyway because I'm using VGA -> Scan Convertor -> Compsite RCA.
Not the best quality, but good enough for what I'm doing.

I tend to agree with your assessment of mpeg2enc.  If faster processors
don't
really make it run any faster, it's likely blocked somehow (I/O, thread,
etc.).

Jonathan Markevich wrote:

> Michael J. Lynch wrote:
>
>> Cool....the export frame rate on my 733Mhz P3 went from 3 fps to 21 fps.
>> Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more acceptable.  Thanks for the patch.  I hope
>> it ends up in the distro.
>>
> Glad it helps.  How does the end result look to you?
>
> I find it interesting that this encode scales with the processor speed
> whereas mpeg2enc seemingly doesn't.  I've seen people with 1 GHz
> machines and Athlon 64 3200+ machines that claim the same render
> speed.  Sounds like some kind of bug/bottleneck rather than just
> extreme attention to quality...  But that's just my tinfoil-beanie
> wearing side speaking, now :)

Michael J. Lynch

What if the hokey pokey IS what it's all about -- author unknown