[mythtv-users] XBox frontend video doesn't fill screen

Jonathan Oexner jonathan.oexner at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 01:07:01 UTC 2004

I have a 1.4 (I think) XBox, with a Focus video encoder chip.

Here's my linuxboot.cfg:

kernel vmlinuz
initrd initrd
append init=/linuxrc root=/dev/ram0 kbd-reset xbox=fatx_e:/debian
ramdisk_blocksize=4096 video=xbox:hoc=-7,voc=0
xboxfb y

...and here's my focus.c :

#include <fcntl.h>
#include "linux/i2c.h"
#include "linux/i2c-dev.h"
#include <stdio.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[]) {
 int xo=0;
 int yo=14;
 int fd = open("/dev/i2c/0", O_RDWR);
 ioctl(fd, I2C_SLAVE_FORCE, 0x6a);
 i2c_smbus_write_word_data(fd, 0x00, xo);
 i2c_smbus_write_word_data(fd, 0x02, yo);
 close(fd);
}

I compiled the focus.c program on my main box, FTP'd it to the XBox
and set it to run on X startup in .xinitrc .  The tough part was
figuring out which linuxboot.cfg the system was using.  Mine was in
the game save partition, a.k.a the E: drive, under the debian
directory.

Best of luck,
-Jon