[mythtv-users] AverMedia DVB-T 771 Remote. Anyone using it???

Will egroups at klubbing.com
Thu Dec 2 19:44:08 UTC 2004

> So now I have two 771 cards in my box and haven't even set up the box
> (probably as I am waiting to get an XBox for a frontend before going
> to that hassle).
>
> Anyways, I was wandering if anyone is using the 771 remote with their
> Myth setup.  I wonder how you could go about doing it.  You would need
> some sort of IR receiver I am guessing, and then this lirc thing but I
> don't need the details.
>
> Just wandering if these black rectangles are going to be useful.

As posted in a previous message, I have a 771 remote, but I had read some
postings that it didn't work from the onboard receiver that came with the
card under lirc. So I bought a serial receiver for a tenner which works
great. I have had the 771 remote working, but I hate the design and layout
so much that I'm now using my AV amp remote (which controls loads of stuff).

IMHO, you can get a better remote from just about anywhere (back of a lorry,
old telly remote, local electronics shop etc etc) and use it with a serial
receiver.

Will