[mythtv-users] Better to encode at 320x240 or 640x480 for a given bitrate?

Shawn core at enodev.com
Thu Dec 2 14:30:45 UTC 2004

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the answer isn't a concrete one,
and depends on factors like quality before encoding, and how well the
player does scaling.

I know mplayer can make some lower res recording look kind of nice with
post processing, and it seems to do scaling nicely.

My advice, try it out and see what you like.