[mythtv-users] Better to encode at 320x240 or 640x480 for a given bitrate?

George Styles george at ripnet.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 12:20:49 UTC 2004

Hi,

This is kinda ot, but I would like to get the opinion of Myth TV users.

I encode my shows to divX for watching on my pocketpc.

I specify a bitrate, and a size, and it encodes it. I currently encode at 320x240 at (say 256kb/s).

Would I get better quality if I encoded at 640x480 AT THE SAME BITRATE? has anyone tested this? (my PPC is VGA capable, so 640x480 is its native resolution)

thanks