[mythtv-users] Playing Tivo .ty files within Myth?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Thu Dec 2 10:02:32 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 23:22 -0600, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> Zot O'Connor wrote:
>
> >I was wondering if there is a way to play tivo (I have a directTivo
> >series 2), inside mythtv.
> >
> >My goal is to utilize myth's commercial skipping featuring.  I can
> >currently play the files in mplayer.
> >
> >There was a thread on a BB about adding this to tivo-player (or some
> >such name), but I have not seen a post since March on it.
> >

> If you can play them in mplayer, why not just drop them into MythVideo?

I believe that mplayer can currently play .ty (tystream) files, although
one would have to use the modified version at http://tivo-
mplayer.sourceforge.net in order to play files that are still on the
tivo.  Not to mention that they'd have to do some tivo hacking for it to
work.  I've been using mythtivo successfully for about a year, even with
current builds of mythtv.

The commercial skipping is a different issue.  You'd have to add support
for .ty files to the myth internal player (or would that be ffmpeg?)

	-Ian