[mythtv-users] RGB Output?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 1 19:50:23 UTC 2004

Is there any sort of listing anywhere of which graphics cards/chipsets
are able to produce PAL compatible signals or otherwise provide a means
of obtaining RGB output?

In other words what cards can (a) do a low line rate and (b) produce
interlaced output. If they can do composite sync as well then that's
a bonus as it would save having to build a sync combiner.

I'm particularly interested in the ASUS Pundit-R and the ATI 9100 chipset
that it uses. I've seen reports of the SiS chipset in the older Pundit's
being able to do it but nothing for the Pundit-R.

Interestingly the manual for the Pundit-R lists SCART_RGB as a choice
for the TV output mode in the BIOS but it isn't clear what that does or
how you would get at the RGB signal if there is one.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://www.compton.nu/