[mythtv-users] RGB Output?

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Dec 1 19:50:23 UTC 2004

Is there any sort of listing anywhere of which graphics cards/chipsets
are able to produce PAL compatible signals or otherwise provide a means
of obtaining RGB output?

In other words what cards can (a) do a low line rate and (b) produce
interlaced output. If they can do composite sync as well then that's
a bonus as it would save having to build a sync combiner.

I'm particularly interested in the ASUS Pundit-R and the ATI 9100 chipset
that it uses. I've seen reports of the SiS chipset in the older Pundit's
being able to do it but nothing for the Pundit-R.

Interestingly the manual for the Pundit-R lists SCART_RGB as a choice
for the TV output mode in the BIOS but it isn't clear what that does or
how you would get at the RGB signal if there is one.

Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)