FW: [mythtv-users] Xbox reading CD-R vs. DVD-R (was:ConvertingaTiVO Series 2 to a Myth Box?)

Fred Squires fsquires at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 18:35:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:09:49 -0500, Paul Kidwell <tmb at ieee.org> wrote:

> > This is proving to be a tough nut to crack.
>
> Met with success last night! I had stopped off and bought some DVD-Rs and on a
> whim picked up a another brand of CD-RWs (Maxell) I gave the CD-RWs a try first
> and it booted right up.
>
> (And there was great rejoicing......yeaaaaaah)
>
> So now I'm onto the next issue.
>
> I was following the how-to at bit.blkbk and made it through phase I to the point
> where you reboot into your new Xebian install, and it didn't. As it the box
> behaved as if I hadn't done the install at all. I had been trying to install to
> F:, so I re-did the install. (same result) then I thought I'd try installing in
> the saved game area, and that didn't work either. So right now if I turn my xbox
> on with nothing in the drive it looks the same as it did a week ago.
>
> <sigh>Time to start posting on bit.blkbk.
>
> The quest continues.
>
> Paul

This is probably a problem with the way you have the xbox modded.
With the cromwell bios it detected my install on the E: drive but if
you have it setup another way you might have to use a boot cd.  The
iso's come with Xebian.

--
I probably still have a few gmail invites.
Drop me a line (off list) if you'd like an account.