[mythtv-users] best remote to buy for mythtv

Preston Crow pc-mythtv04 at crowcastle.net
Wed Dec 1 17:13:43 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 11:51, Christopher Flynn wrote:
> I am using a homebrew serial IR with a Radio Shack Programmable
> remote. This way I can set mythtv to accept whatever signal I want.
> Plus I can program all the other functions and have just one remote
> for all my tv stuff.

I'm using a Radio Shack 15-2104 remote with a JP1 interface for
reprogramming it.  I'm using the IR interface on my PVR-250, so I
uploaded the command set for the Hauppage remote to get started.

At some point I'll adjust the settings to eventually have every button
do exactly what I want.  So far, though, it's nearly perfect.  Since I'm
not using the Power button in Myth mode, I want to set it to send the
power signal to both the TV and the receiver (if they both use the same
protocol, it should be possible even if it won't work as a macro).

--PC