[mythtv-users] Re: Trouble installing k3b

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:08:30 UTC 2004

> Did you call
>
> nvidia-graphics-switch 6629
>
> Are all rpms up to date (or does apt-get upgrade suggest updating
> nvidia)?

Well, I need to send out a great big thank you to Axel for all his
help debugging this. Also, thank you to Christopher for his advice.

I did try the nvidia-graphics-switch 6629. That still didn't help.

I did end up reinstalling. I know that seems like overkill, but there
were a few other things that were messed up, too. I had time to do the
reinstall, and so I went ahead with it.

I now have my Myth box back up and functioning. Still have a few minor
tweaks to make, but nothing too complicated.

One of the first things I did this time was to do a dist-upgrade, then
install k3b right away. :) I even managed to do a proper restore of my
backed up myth database after the reinstall.

Still not sure why the initial apt-get dist-upgrade caused me to loose
my video, but everything is working again.

Not sure why anyone would, but just in case anyone is interested in
diagnosing this problem further, I did keep my old /etc directory.

Cheers,
Lane

P.S. Axel, I just have to say thank you again for help on this and for
doing all of the packaging that you do!

--
"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003