[mythtv-users] Re: Trouble installing k3b

Lane Schwartz dowobeha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 15:08:30 UTC 2004

> Did you call
> nvidia-graphics-switch 6629
> Are all rpms up to date (or does apt-get upgrade suggest updating
> nvidia)?

Well, I need to send out a great big thank you to Axel for all his
help debugging this. Also, thank you to Christopher for his advice.

I did try the nvidia-graphics-switch 6629. That still didn't help.

I did end up reinstalling. I know that seems like overkill, but there
were a few other things that were messed up, too. I had time to do the
reinstall, and so I went ahead with it.

I now have my Myth box back up and functioning. Still have a few minor
tweaks to make, but nothing too complicated.

One of the first things I did this time was to do a dist-upgrade, then
install k3b right away. :) I even managed to do a proper restore of my
backed up myth database after the reinstall.

Still not sure why the initial apt-get dist-upgrade caused me to loose
my video, but everything is working again.

Not sure why anyone would, but just in case anyone is interested in
diagnosing this problem further, I did keep my old /etc directory.

P.S. Axel, I just have to say thank you again for help on this and for
doing all of the packaging that you do!

"No, we've had no evidence that Saddam Hussein was involved in 9/11."
-- George W. Bush, 17 Sept 2003