[mythtv-users] HD3000 sound out

Doug Larrick doug at ties.org
Wed Dec 1 15:04:37 UTC 2004

. . wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> FC2 and HD3000 hints below
> Short question: How to enable sound out on HD3000 in Mythtv?
[snip]
>  I am running the card as a generic v4l caputure card.

As you have probably guessed, you are in uncharted territory here.  Most
people use the HD3000 to capture digital HDTV content, not analog NTSC.
   I'll stop short of saying this is a bad idea, but I'd say you're
probably on your own. I would imagine the driver has some bugs in this area.

If you choose to proceed and try to debug the driver, I'd suggest
working with a simpler program than MythTV (such as xawtv) to do so.

-Doug