[mythtv-users] erm.. dumb question? themes?

Craig Tinson craig at 8010.co.uk
Wed Dec 1 04:53:41 UTC 2004

Jarod Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 30 November 2004 18:59, Craig Tinson wrote:
>
>>After messing around for the last 4 hours trying to get sound working..
>>(it was working last night! all I did was come out of livetv and leaving
>>it sitting at the main menu!)
>>
>>I've given up.. uninstalled myth rpms.. and downloaded cvs instead.. and
>>low and behold.. I have sound :) woohoo!
>>
>>Now.. dumb question.. where's all the themes gone in cvs? I only have
>>the basic ones.. blue,titivilus,gant etc..
>

> Those are the only themes in the official distribution tarball, and the only
> ones in cvs, I believe. The rest are user-contributed, maintained outside
> cvs, and only available when posted on the mythtv.org themes page. I don't
> use anything but gant or titivillus, so I couldn't say how well any of the
> other ones work with current cvs...

Thanks Jarod

I wanted the isthmus osd in particular.. but it wasn't there.. and
wanted a look at the MediaCenter one too..

I figured it out though (although quiet messily)

I downloaded the theme rpms from atrpms.. installed them.. moved the
install dirs in /usr/share/mythtv/themes/<dirname> to the cvs/themes
<dirname>.. ammended themes.pro to include it.. then finally make install..

now they are the menus.. :)

messy I know.. but its now nearly 5am.. and that was the only way I
could think of.. lol

Cheers

Craig