[mythtv-users] Upgrading to KDE 3.3 on Jarod's FC 1

myth-lane at dowobeha.net myth-lane at dowobeha.net
Fri Aug 27 15:22:29 EDT 2004

I know I'm treading dangerously here, but here goes... :)

I have successfully installed Fedora Core 1, and successfully installed Myth
using Jarod's guide. I *did* follow the warning and disabled the
apt.kde-redhat.org and kde-redhat.atrpms.net entries in /etc/apt/sources.list.

Now I would like to install KDE 3.3, which is apt.kde-redhat.org.

I just re-added the following line in /etc/apt/sources.list:

rpm             ftp://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat 1   testing

When I tried to upgrade to KDE 3.3 using synaptic, synaptic tells me that it
conflicts with gtk+, gtk2, and redhat-artwork.

I have looked through the Myth archives and the KDE-Redhat archives, and I did
find some discussion from back in January. But I wasn't able to find a real
resolution to this problem.

Does anyone know how to resolve the dependency issues to successfully upgrade to
 KDE 3.3 from a base FC 1 install (plus the stuff in Jarod's guide)? If not,
has anyone suceeded in compiling and manually installing KDE 3.3 using
Konstruct in this same setup?

Thanks,
Lane