[mythtv-users] More missing listings

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Thu Aug 26 19:51:10 EDT 2004

Jay R. Ashworth wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 09:23:02PM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
>
>>>If this was working it would be great, but unfortunately its not.  I'm
>>>wondering if its just me having this problem, because if others were I
>>>would have assumed it would have been greatly discussed on the mailing
>>>list since its so annoying for your listings to slow disappear each day.
>>
>>Right. Most people aren't having this because normally TMS data
>>ends a 'day' at 5pm on the last day so it is checking to see if
>

> Did you mean to say that the day ends at 5*am*, Bruce?

Seventeen hundred hours.

> I'm asuming they do things the way TV Guide does, based on the
> connection betweeen them, and the TV Guide protocol has always been that
> a day runs from 0600 to 2930. (IE: 5:30am the next day.)

Dunno about that. There may be a differece between when they
consider a block of hours to be grouped as a day and what the
deadline requirement is for the stations to include future
listings info. This is talking about when data runs out on the
last day.

>>BTW it does always grab the full day for "tomorrow" so it will
>>have the full data before the day comes to record. However, it is
>>annoying to have missing evenings for future days and the scheduler
>>may not know about other showing of an episode that it could choose
>>from.
>

> No, it looks like you really *didn't* mean that.  They end their day at
> 5*pm*?  Really?

Go to your EPG and press END about a dozen times. If your
listings are like most people (and why do I suspect YOURS are
going to have to turn out to be different?), you'll probably
see that there are shows that end after 5:00pm (17:00) but
nothing new start after 5 and the rest of the evening is blocked
out as "Unknown".

Myth counts days from midnight to midnight probably because of
how xmltv works. Even if YOUR ;-) listing end at 5:30am, the
same logic still works. This calender day has data but little
or no data exists after 18:00 so it needs to be refilled.

--  bjm