[mythtv-users] Adding a second PVR-250

William wmunson at rochester.rr.com
Wed Aug 25 20:59:11 EDT 2004

> I've purchased another PVR-250, and I was wondering if there
> was any information/advice on installing a second capture
> card? What exactly is involve? Will it just plug and play or
> will I have to configure this card like I did the last one?
> Any advice/web sites would be great.
>
> I setup my MythTV Frontend/Backend on Fedora Core 1 using
> Jarod's Guide if this is any help. Thanks for any advice you
> can provide.

Identical setup here. The card will detect and install by itself. I suggest
blowing away your existing card conifuration then re-add both cards. First
card is video0 and second is video1. The rest of the defaults are fine. In
the section where you link inputs to video sources, just define both cards
to the same source and it will pick the available card when recording.