[mythtv-users] Adding a second PVR-250

Terrence Martin tmartin at physics.ucsd.edu
Wed Aug 25 19:50:39 EDT 2004

Jon Kunze wrote:

>I've purchased another PVR-250, and I was wondering if there was any
>information/advice on installing a second capture card? What exactly
>is involve? Will it just plug and play or will I have to configure
>this card like I did the last one? Any advice/web sites would be
>great.
>
>I setup my MythTV Frontend/Backend on Fedora Core 1 using Jarod's
>Guide if this is any help. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

I installed my PVR250 in addition to an older wintv card.  I  just
installed the PVR250, boot, run mythtvsetup and add the new capture
card, assign it a priority and away you go. Mythtv takes care of most of
the heavy lifting.  I did eventually go into my database to set the
PVR250 to be the main live tv and recording card, but that is about it
for strangeness.

Terrence