[mythtv-users] XMLTV, Frequency settings, Austrian cable

Michelle Moss michelle.moss at iinet.net.au
Wed Aug 25 15:21:02 EDT 2004

Verteiler wrote:

> The only thing I do not understand (probably a newbie question), is how
> mythtv "knows" the channel frequencies. I have installed xmltv and
> updated the programs (which works fine, although I shall have to write a
> grabber for the austrian net, due to missing channels) but looking into
> the xml-file there is no information regarding frequency to be used.
> When doing a select on the channels table in the mythconverg-db I have a
> long list for all the channels, but these fields are empty: channum,
> freqid, icon, videofilters, tvformat, outputfilters. Any ideas what I am
> doing wrong?

Some xml grabbers do not provide frequency information (I'm in Belgium
and mine doesn't) so you need to find the frequencies for your stations,
  and then match them up to frequency ids (e.g. E12 or S2) using the
<myth-source-dir>/libs/libmythtv/frequencies.c file. You can then enter
the frequency ids into the "freqid" field. You probably also want to
fill in the channum field with a channel number (e.g. 1, 2, 3...). The
easiest way I found to enter the freqids was to use mythweb - go to
Settings -> Channels and you can enter them in and save.

Michelle