[mythtv-users] RCA DirecTV DVR -- DVR40

David George david at thegeorges.us
Wed Aug 25 07:50:18 EDT 2004

On 8/24/2004 9:28 PM, kirk wrote:

>I'm having some problems getting my RCA DVR40 directv/tivo receiver to
>change channels using any of the scripts <a
>href="http://tarek.2y.net/myth/">here</a>.  The receiver has a mini
>serial port on the back (1/8" phono -- stereo???).  First off, does
>anybody know if this port is actually enabled on the receiver?  I've
>done some searching but cannot find anything myth related to this
>receiver :(
>
>Is anybody else using a RCA DVR40 direcTV/Tivo receiver?

No, but I am using the Hughes HDVR2 DirecTiVo.  The serial port on the
back isn't enabled for channel changing that I have been able to find.
BTW, on standalone TiVo's the serial port is for outgoing channel
changing for a cable box (yes I know there are hacks to get a bash
prompt on that serial port).

In my case, I decided to buy an RCA DRD435RH off eBay and use a serial
cable from the myth box to control it.  I posted links to the scripts
and cable building info here: http://thegeorges.us/mythtv/ .

Have you tried this site yet?  http://www.dealdatabase.com/forum/

--
David