[mythtv-users] Need help securing mythweb

DTR dtr at edenforge.com
Sun Aug 22 13:09:04 EDT 2004

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to secure my mythweb using simple htaccess/passwd
authentication.  I've followed instructions gleaned from searching this
list and met with some success.

I uncommented the lines in the default mythweb .htaccess, successfully
created a htpasswd file, changed "AllowOverride" from "None" to "All" in
my httpd.conf and restarted the httpd.

Now it does prompt for a password as it should however once I type the
password in, it semi-craps out.  I see the normal program listing trying
to load over and over again and in the very top left portion of the
screen I see an error message such as:

Warning at /usr/share/mythtv/mythweb/includes/init.php, line 50:
session_start():
open(php_sessions/sess_0781db0909b02b7989ac8e0f92fa10fc, O_RDWR) failed:
No such file or directory (2)

It's almost as if it has access to some but not all of the files/areas
it needs in order to function properly.

The .htpasswd/.htaccess are both in /var/www which is the root of the
mythweb site and the allowoverride directive that I changed pertains to
/var/www as well.

Any ideas?