[mythtv-users] mythtv on EPIA MII 12000

Renaud Desarzens rde_lists at desarzens.ch
Sat Aug 21 13:59:36 EDT 2004

> Since there's no response so far: I'm building a similar
> system at the moment (same hardware). It's not finished yet
> so I can't really answer your questions at this time ether.
> However, I chose the via motherboard because of its size and
> the possibility to build a stylish system for the living room
> (I use a cubit 3 case). If size and style doesn't matter to
> you then go for a regular ATX solution. It's cheaper, faster
> and you will most probably have less problems building the
> system... As soon as I have my system running I will be happy
> to let you know the results concerning your performance questions.

Did you already look at http://linpvr.org/? It is a MythTV linux
distribution optimized for VIA EPIA M (not MII ?) based boxes... Don't know
how it fits but thought you might be interested in this. Seems to be a good
choice for mythtv frontend only boxes with DVD support and ac3 passthrough
(spdif). Saw it listed on the links section of the MythTV website.

Renaud