AW: [mythtv-users] mythtv on EPIA MII 12000

Patrick Wenger info at wepcom.ch
Sat Aug 21 11:20:09 EDT 2004

> I am thinking about building a HTPC system with mythtv and was wondering
> about the capabilities of a using a mini-itx system:
>
> The setup mini-itx with MI12000 board, 512 Mb memory, 160 GB disk
> (SP1614N)
> and a Hauppage PVR 350 adapter
>
> will the system capable of doing:
>
> - play a DVD (ogle or xine) while recording a TV program.
> - play a CD (mplayer) while recording a TV program.
> - play a .avi (mplayer) while recording a TV program.
>
> or would it be better to go for a ATX solution with more power...

Since there's no response so far: I'm building a similar system at the
moment (same hardware). It's not finished yet so I can't really answer your
questions at this time ether. However, I chose the via motherboard because
of its size and the possibility to build a stylish system for the living
room (I use a cubit 3 case). If size and style doesn't matter to you then go
for a regular ATX solution. It's cheaper, faster and you will most probably
have less problems building the system... As soon as I have my system
running I will be happy to let you know the results concerning your
performance questions.

Patrick