[mythtv-users] nuv->avi possibilities?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Aug 19 14:09:44 EDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 19, 2004 at 10:00:49AM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> > to what my best option for repacking my NUV files is.
>
> There isn't one at the moment.  We need one of three things to happen:
>
> mplayer/mencoder needs to support myth's modified nuv format (the nuv
> patch no longer covers this)

For what it's worth, the current ZIPfile mplayer for Windows *can* read
un-transcoded Myth .nuv files over the network and play them just fine,
no skips, desyncs, or nothin.

Recorded from a -250, so maybe that doesn't mean anything, but...

> And lastly, imho the best option, mythtranscode needs to support
> (preferably, and probably most easily) demultiplexing the nuv into its
> component pieces, or a straight avi conversion.  The demultiplexing
> option is best for me for nuvexport, and at that point it wouldn't be
> hard to then remultiplex the streams into an avi (or ogg or whatever)
> container.

I thought that the current transcode utility *did* split the streams,
and put them on two fifos; did I misunderstand something?

Cheers,
-- jra
--

	"You know: I'm a fan of photosynthesis as much as the next guy,
	but if God merely wanted us to smell the flowers, he wouldn't