[mythtv-users] nuv->avi possibilities?

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Thu Aug 19 13:00:49 EDT 2004

> After reading the recent nuv->avi with avidemux2 thread, I am still unclear as
> to what my best option for repacking my NUV files is.

There isn't one at the moment.  We need one of three things to happen:

mplayer/mencoder needs to support myth's modified nuv format (the nuv
patch no longer covers this)

avidemux2 needs to remove its gui requirement, and fix the sync issues
that happen when it repackages nuv to avi (this could be related to the
same issue that mencoder has)

And lastly, imho the best option, mythtranscode needs to support
(preferably, and probably most easily) demultiplexing the nuv into its
component pieces, or a straight avi conversion.  The demultiplexing
option is best for me for nuvexport, and at that point it wouldn't be
hard to then remultiplex the streams into an avi (or ogg or whatever)
container.

-Chris