[mythtv-users] nuv->avi possibilities?

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Aug 19 07:29:03 EDT 2004

 	Aside from glitches in the audio stream from the PVR-250, I haven't had
any troubles with sync using avidemux.  Maybe try reencoding the audio along
with the video and crunch it to MPEG4 (Xvid, H.263, DivX... pick your flavor).
If you don't mind playing it on the computer, MPEG4 is the way to go... much
smaller.

 	IIRC, there is absolutely NO extra data in mythtv's .nuv files recorded
from ivtv than what was spewed from the card in the first place.  It's just a
legacy issue from mythtv recording NUV from bttv-based cards.  How much stuff
would break if this was changed to be more clear?  It'd be nice to identify by
the filename what type of video it is, e.g:

*.rtjpg		<- rtjpeg bttv
*.mpeg4		<- mpeg4 bttv or post-transcoded
*.mpeg2		<- ivtv recorded MPEG2
*.mpeg2ts	<- pcHDTV streams

Thoughts?  Perhaps at least a consistent convention like .mythvid or something?
This is linux, after all, so we shouldn't have to keep the .tle
(three-letter-extension)... :)

-Cory

* Cory Papenfuss							*
* Electrical Engineering Ph.D. Graduate Student                         *
* Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University 			*