[mythtv-users] RE: mythtv processes not showing up in top.

Mike Benoit ipso at snappymail.ca
Tue Aug 17 17:06:25 EDT 2004

I have two WinTV2000 cards, which do not do onboard encoding. I also
have MythTV set to do mpeg4 encoding, and before I did the "major"
upgrade, mythbackend and mythfrontend processes both showed up in top,
and used the majority of CPU on the box. Obviously only when I was
recording/watching, or flagging commercials of course though.

For instance, right now my system has a load of 2.70, top shows 34%
userspace usage, 66% idle, and the when sorting the processes by CPU
usage, top itself is number 1, with 0.8% usage. So obviously other
userspace processes are using CPU that top isn't showing me. And in this
case it can only be mythbackend using the majority.

Mike Benoit <ipso at snappymail.ca>